I'm baaaack. Well, since my last post we 've had two ice storms( yeay to us), two snow storms and now there is major snow storm on the horizon. But more about that later. I want to continue writing about our wonderful Christmas vacation.
Santa Claus was very sensible this year, no extravagance needed with these though economic times ( my present is just to be able to be healthy and to enjoy the ones around me).
Gabby on Christmas morning. She was clearly delighted with all the presents. She also had wished for Cobi's ( our cat) paw to heal and was disappointed when she realized he was still walking with great difficulty. On a list she made for Santa that was the second wish, her first wish was to see her oldest friend Chey Chey.
One of Gabby's favorite presents was a ticket to see Disney on Ice along with all her beloved girl cousins. These are all of Regina's netinhas ready to go out on the town.

Four days before Christmas we were hit with a huge, fast moving snowstorm. School was canceled the day before, lest we repeat last year's fiasco when everyone got stuck somewhere and people abandoned their vehicles out of frustration. Well, the snow didn't start until later in the day, but because it was the first real storm we waited impatiently for it. It was a snow day with no snow, or was it?
Our winter wonderland. Bon Hiver!

Intrepid, American-born daughter out enjoying a morning of sledding in the frozen Tundra. Most clever African-born mother waits and watches from the confines of a warm room.

2008 went out with a bang and I'm not talking about the financial meltdown. On the 30th I woke up up to a strong gust of wind, then I heard a rrrrrrrrrr ( I swear that's what it sounded like). I went downstairs to the laundry room and heard wood splitting noises ( schhhhhzt), looked out the window and saw our beautiful, centenarian( extremely rare around these parts due to disease) Chestnut tree being lifted off its feet ( roots) and with a very loud bang ( see, I told you) hit the ground missing my car by a couple of meters. We were luck it didn't hit the garage, my car, and most importantly if it had fallen on the house it would have hit the room I was standing in.
Divine intervention I guess.
I admit I will miss our old chestnut tree once Spring comes. Come October where will we hang the piƱata for Gab's birthday?


One of the perks of being a teacher is time off during the Holidays. I got plenty of rest, recharged my batteries and enjoyed spending time with family, friends and around the fire with the whole gang.
Most days we just tried hard to perfect the ancient Art of chilling.
Mia chillin' by the door...



1 comment:
I took the picture of Mia. BTW
Mia was not chilling, she was trying to OPEN the door
Post a Comment